Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right.

So I came recently came across the title of this blog entry while lurking on someone's facebook. Apparently it's a quote from Henry Ford. But it definitely caught my eye because I agree with it 1,000,000 percent. Most people don't realize how far their own mind can take them. Just believing in yourself and your ability to succeed goes a hell of a long way. If you don't believe in yourself achieving what you set out to do, what's the point of trying at all? If I don't think I'm going to win a bike race that I enter, what's the point of me even showing up in the first place? I remember when I was a wee lad, this old janitor (don't ask me why a janitor was talking to me lol) was giving me advice so I didn't end up in a job like him and said "if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anyhting". I never really took that quote to heart for the longest time. I usually approached it with an immature mindset, arguing against it with "if I put my mind towards jumping off of a building and living, I still probably won't live". But honestly, that shit is so true. Put your mind towards something and see if you've got the balls to stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment