-One of my bestest friends ever came home from a three month excursion across Europe and South Africa. I picked him up from the airport and his beard was beastly. He got into cycling and said he wouldn't shave until he rode 1,000 kilometers. I told him I'd grow my beard along with him and so I have a small, furry animal living on my face now.
-I drove to multiple central florida airports probably about five times in the course of three days (two trips took place at 5am). When I hear people need a ride, I guess I am just too nice to say no. The airport ride is the sincerest showing of love/friendship, so I don't take these trips lightly.
-I've done more lawn work in the past few weeks than any single person should take on. Grass grows too fast in florida during the summer. I mowed on Monday and it's Friday and it already needs a cut. The process of mowing sucks, but being able to look at the finished products makes it all worth it. Not much looks finer than a freshly cut/edged lawn.
-I donated half of the crap in my closet to Goodwill. This helped me to realize that I never need to go shopping for new clothes again.
-I started reading this book about this fellow from South Africa that all of a sudden decided to ride a bicycle around the coast of the entire continent of Africa. Amazing.
Anyway, to the good stuff... I've dominated the past three races in the Lake Louisa summer race series. With those results, I upgraded and now race in the pro field. It's really been a steady, upward climb for the past year, especially as of late, and words can't really describe the feeling I get from seeing my hard work and determination materialize into what I've set out for myself. I did my first race in the pro field this past weekend in Jacksonville and raced like a true G. Pretty interesting story.. this retired linebacker from the NFL, played with the Patriots and Jaguars got into cycling after football. It was a long transition for him coming from football to cycling, but now he's one of the best racers in the state. The first time he won any money in a race he said he cherished it more than any money he earned in the NFL. Someone snapped a pretty badass picture of me riding on his wheel during Saturday's road race.

Pretty sick!

No comments:
Post a Comment