Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm building something...

Just a personal observation... People constantly talk about how making sacrifices to reach a given goal is so hard. The classic example is that of the athlete who gives up all of life's youthful indiscretions to focus on their craft. You know, the 12 year old who goes and does soccer drills for hours after school. The college student who actually doesn't go out drinking every other night but instead focuses on studying non-stop hoping to graduate with a high GPA and get into med school. I think it's all shit. If you really want something bad enough, those "sacrifices" aren't so hard to make. I constantly have possible distractions popping up in my life, but I take a second and think. I usually ask myself "how bad do I want to win" and it becomes a pretty easy decision.

Anyway, less than two weeks until my last final. words can't describe my jubilation.

No comments:

Post a Comment