Monday, July 20, 2009

Harden Up

So yesterday MTV was airing a marathon of this intriguing show called "World's Strictest Parents". The concept is that MTV takes two teenage delinquents and has them live in a house with very strict adults to try and instill some concept of maturity in these rotten kids. I tuned it periodically and realized something that I think is a big problem with the youth of America these days; young people are so damn lazy and soft, afraid to lift and finger and break a sweat.

These kids were usually asked to do some sort of manual labor, like cleaning and stuff of that sort. It was funny to see how much they bitched about spending a few hours cleaning or whatever. All these kids wanted to do was go out, party, get wasted, whatever. Kids like this are going to crash and burn in a giant cloud of failure. Partying is fun and all every once in a while. But come on, there are much greater things out there. I remember seeing so many of my friends back in high school drift down that path and all of them now? Working in pizza shops. It's sad to me to see it happen and I just hope these people wake up and learn something about life and what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment