Monday, July 27, 2009

Inspirado.. where does it come from?

I love experiences that are inspiring. You know, give you goosebumps, make you envision yourself doing something awesome. Moments that make you feel really good, and nothing else in the world matter at that moment in time. I experience moments like this a lot because I guess I'm just lucky, but I had a real good one last Friday...

It was the day Warped Tour stopped off in Orlando to rock some faces off. This was my fifth Warped Tour in my short life, and I think it was my favorite. My two favorite bands at the moment, along with a plethora of other bands that I'm a fan of and enjoyed rocking out to. The band that stole the show that day was The Devil Wears Prada. To think, a christian metal band from a small town in Ohio made up of five guys my age (19-21 yrs old) that was absolutely nothing a year ago totally owned Warped Tour. It was like nothing else going on while they were playing mattered. 90 percent of people there were fixated on this performance, and for good reason. From the second these doods took the stage, you could tell they were in their element. They went all out, went freaking crazy; they rocked races off for sure. Looking back on how passionate these guys were/are about what they do, their music, their shows, all for their love of it, made me realize that that is what people need to seek out in life. Do something that makes you feel like you're on top of the world. Do something you're passionate about, something you absolutely love. Really, The Beatles were right, all you need in life to make you happy is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment